In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hidróxido sódico masculinehidróxido de sodio masculine
- A tanker carrying a cargo of caustic soda, which is also known as sodium hydroxide, a very corrosive chemical, overturned at 10.15 am, spilling it across the eastbound carriage.
- Fats can be reduced in a solution of sodium hydroxide to produce glycerol and another kind of lipid, soap.
- The contractor realized that the acid caused the problem and tried to neutralize it with an alkaline liquid solution of sodium hydroxide.
- Carboxyl groups can also react with alkali metal bases such as sodium hydroxide to form water-soluble carboxylic salts.
- Platinum also dissolves in hot alkalis such as hot sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide.
- They crush serpentine, dissolve it in sulfuric acid, treat part of it with sodium hydroxide, and the result will react with carbon dioxide to produce magnesium carbonate or magnasite.
- In oven cleaners, lye and sodium hydroxide can burn skin, eyes, and the respiratory tract.
- For nearly 60 years, the processing of this starch has hardly changed, relying always on the action of a corrosive alkali, sodium hydroxide, to slowly dissolve rice protein and release the starch.
- Currently, sodium hydroxide is used to break down starch and protein particles and extract, them from the bran.
- In a very alkaline environment such as is provided by sodium hydroxide, paraphenylene diamine becomes a powerful, rapid developer.
- Solid sodium hydroxide is obtained by evaporating the water.
- Primary alkaline batteries use sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide as the electrolyte.
- Hydrochloric acid reacts with sodium hydroxide to produce salt and water.
- In the laboratory benzene can be made by the action of heat on a mixture of sodium benzoate and sodium hydroxide.
- Be familiar with and observe safety guidelines when working with hazardous chemicals such as sodium hydroxide and bleach.
- By melting silica mixed with sodium hydroxide or calcium oxide one is able to interrupt the long chains of silicon-oxygen bonds to form more easily melted glasses.
- He invented a method for producing sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) from chalk, salt, sulfuric acid, and coal.
- In the laboratory the normal method of methane preparation is to combine one part sodium acetate and two parts sodium hydroxide.
- The applications of chlorine and sodium hydroxide are so varied that hardly a consumer product exists that does not depend on one or both of these compounds.
- Bases such as sodium hydroxide that contribute one hydroxyl ion to an acid-base reaction, have an equivalent weight equal to their gram molecular weight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.