In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1copia temporal feminine
- So we refer to a soft copy of a CD-ROM disk as an ISO 9660 image.
- The soft copy of our eight-page thesis proposal is missing, and I will have to retype it again.
- Nominations must reach the Directorate of Honours and Awards no later than May 31 this year in both hard and soft copy.
- Any soft copies, disks and backup tapes are to remain only at their office, never to be taken out to see the light of day.
- ‘We have given them hard copies, as well as soft copies, of all the representations made to us,’ Tsang said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.