In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I'm off to visit my best friend and see his kids play baseball and softball, respectively, so there'll be nothing new until tomorrow at least.
- The games of Little League baseball and softball are played on six continents in more than 100 countries by millions of children.
- The network will also cover baseball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey, wrestling, spring football and select high school football games.
- The Pattaya Softball Team would like to invite all for a Sunday afternoon game of slow pitch softball at the fields of Pattaya Sport Flying Club.
- Now we do free baseball / softball clinics with former Major Leaguers.
- Action continues all weekend, culminating Sunday afternoon with the completion of athletics, along with baseball, softball and soccer.
- Varsity softball and baseball are able, for the first time in college history, to practice and scrimmage outdoors and under lights in preparation for spring season.
- It was not until very recently that women participated in physical activities more strenuous than gymnastics, soccer, softball, and basketball.
- Babe was an All-American basketball player for three years, and was a champion at tennis, diving, baseball and softball.
- The history that Nava gave was that he was active physically, playing baseball, softball, slow pitch and later golf.
- While she's a former athlete - she played softball, basketball and field hockey growing up - she never took jogs longer than an hour, even before her bout with melanoma.
- I'll be busy with softball and baseball all summer, but hopefully will have time to shoot some hoops with my boys as well.
- Women's softball and field hockey teams from China and Japan are scheduled to meet early in the games.
- Distance running was followed in injury frequency by gymnastics, basketball, soccer, track and field, softball, and tennis.
- He also photographs most of Auckland's representative sports teams including rugby, rugby league, netball, softball, boxing and cricket.
- Most girls played softball, so finding baseball pitchers was often difficult.
- More men favor football, frisbee golf, table tennis, and golf, while more women prefer gymnastics, field hockey, and softball.
- They teach Japanese language as well as Judo, Kendo, computer engineering, softball and baseball.
- If space allows and the club has softball or soccer fields, the club can organize a league for children.
- As a youngster she played all the sports, especially basketball, track and field, and softball.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.