In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1soldador masculinecautín masculine Chile
- Now, turn on your soldering iron, and tin all of your stripped wires.
- Little puffs of smoke drifted up from the table as we shyly learned to wield a soldering iron.
- A soldering iron wasn't mentioned for disassembly.
- I asked Kara if she had a soldering iron and some spare electronic components.
- Later, investigators will say the explosion that ripped the new house apart began the instant the tip of the soldering iron reached incandescence.
- In this process they learnt to use power drills, hack saws and soldering irons.
- ‘We use soldering irons, heat tools and many other things to create the pieces,’ said Mrs Crellin.
- If you are the kind of person who is at home with a screwdriver, a soldering iron, electronic components and PCBs, then this is the book for you.
- I had a go at it with a soldering iron, hooked it up to a synthesizer, and it played the drums for me.
- After all this you are probably inspired to go grab your soldering iron and your little screwdrivers and make a mess of your mainboard in a spree of overclocking joy.
- Having started from scratch in 1983 they claim to have the most comprehensive range of butane powered soldering irons and heat tools available worldwide.
- Applying the soldering iron to the wires where they are soldered to the Centronics connector and pulling gently should be enough to undo the wires from the unwanted connector.
- My laptop had a problem, and I actually managed a hardware repair myself, which actually required me to use a soldering iron.
- It looks as if a juvenile twisted some wires together and then just jammed a soldering iron against them.
- It's an awfully small area to work with if you don't have a professional soldering iron.
- I also packed a toolkit and a soldering iron just in case there was trouble.
- They can though be welded back together by the use of a lighter or a soldering iron.
- Seal the nylon edges using a 15-watt soldering iron, hot knife or stencil knife to melt the fibers.
- I bought a couple of pots and some wire from an electronics shop in Swindon, got the soldering iron out, and soon had the beasty going.
- By stripping the laptop down to the motherboard, you can use a fine-tipped soldering iron to repair the fractured connections.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.