In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(stereo-system/component/radio) de estado sólido
- In the short term, MRAM is set to replace the now volatile solid state devices that alleviate I / O bottlenecks and supply hot files on large networks.
- And he has thrown down a challenge to all the industry's chip and PC makers to realise his vision of computers capable of storing more than a million times more data than current solid state chips.
- UK-based Memix Direct has begun shipping its USB Memory Watch - a wristwatch with a built-in keychain-style USB solid state hard drive.
- A couple of advantages these CD based players have is they're either cheaper than hard drive based players, or they hold more than solid state players.
- Finally, a different technology relies on catheters with several miniaturized solid state transducers as an alternative to the conventional manometry equipment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.