In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1solidaridad femininesolidarity with sb/sth — solidaridad con algn/algo
- The key to victory is mobilising the support for the firefighters into active solidarity.
- It also makes it far easier for workers on strike to actively seek support and solidarity.
- There was a lot of discussion as to what form resistance and solidarity should take.
- The sacked workers say that solidarity could be maintained if the dispute were made official.
- The best solidarity that other workers can give is to fight for better pay ourselves.
- An official call for support and solidarity from other unions has also now gone out.
- To reverse this trend we need to invest in new institutions of social solidarity.
- The Netherlands wishes to show solidarity and be a dependable European partner.
- We will ask for solidarity from workers in other European countries to support our campaign.
- Besides modesty and intimacy, they often enjoy a high level of social solidarity.
- We in Britain need to step up our efforts to support them with practical and political solidarity.
- This indicated widespread support for those who show solidarity and a willingness to fight.
- They have set up a strike committee and are sending out speakers to win solidarity among other workers.
- That meant it was down to individual activists and branches organising solidarity.
- Many people reflect upon the 1960s as a decade of solidarity among the common people.
- As always, Candy and Dave have been a constant source of support and solidarity.
- We want to express solidarity with our brothers who are being bombed by warplanes and tanks.
- The world is frightened, economies are dented, and war has eroded global solidarity.
- The strikers can win if there is solidarity from other workers and the action is spread.
- Inside the fence, people spoke of solidarity and consensus, of love and gentleness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.