In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also solitaire diamondsolitario masculine
2Gamessolitario masculineto play solitaire — hacer solitarios
- He glanced up from the book for a second, only to see Faye playing a game of solitaire.
- I've sat here for twenty minutes, played seven games of solitaire, and try as I may I can't pull anything out of the day.
- The shareware Absolutist Solitaire Studio has a range of solitaire games and a Solitaire Script language which allows you to design your own games and add them to the program.
- Nora was sitting on her bed, playing a game of solitaire, but she quickly changed the game so that Emy could join in.
- Pi stood quickly, leaving his game of solitaire where it was.
- Solitaire is a board game for one player involving movement of pegs on a board with holes.
- If any readers know any other comparable solitaire programs or a good Backgammon program, another game that I get frequently requested, please write in.
- In short, anything The Stills might have to offer is available on a CD, and at least you can play a game of solitaire while listening to a cd, which would be considerably more inspiring than watching them play live.
- I know that because I can get six games of computer solitaire out in a row in the same number of moves over the same time as normal.
- Indeed, the game is sometimes called patience sorting, where patience is the British term for solitaire.
- Current games range from spaceship shoot-em-ups to solitaire.
- Although with 16MB of RAM and a rather cute 190MHz CPU it would be able to handle the basics; solitaire, word processing etceteras, ultimately it is remarkable for its size.
- Mann responded by taking Crain's wallet, finding her own spot, and arraying her credit cards as if dealing a game of solitaire.
- He eventually won that game of solitaire, and promptly began a new one.
- I noticed approvingly that he did not return to his game of solitaire until we were almost out of the building.
- Perfect for making sure that you save power when you nod off after a demanding midnight game of solitaire.
- At last he shrugged, and turned back to his game of solitaire on the computer.
- For a lot of people they don't want to deal with that, they want to play a quick game of solitaire while their spreadsheet prints out, something like that.
- Nokia does some games itself for WAP phones but we're talking very simple ones like solitaire, backgammon etc.
- Gripsnak couldn't see anything else to do with his time, a game of solitaire should calm him.
- Absently, Midori dealt herself a game of solitaire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.