In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Finale is superb, featuring splendid singing by the chorus and the quartet of soloists.
- The concert ended with a Mass by Bellini in which the organist, choir and soloists gave a magnificent performance.
- The concert will feature soloists and a string orchestra performing a wide variety of songs from Leonard Bernstein to Handel.
- However, the sound soon disappears in the welter of notes Sibelius gives his soloists in his only Violin Concerto.
- She is a well-known accompanist who regularly appears in concerts with soloists and ensembles.
- When he did have strong bass or tenor soloists, Handel could and did write strong parts for them.
- Conductors and soloists had better know it and have it ready if they want to work.
- The Sinfonia concertante recorded here features the violin and cello as soloists.
- A regular soloist at the National Concert Hall, Scott has fans on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Graduals are among the most elaborate of all chants and are performed by soloists and choir in alternation.
- Masterclasses will be taken by a variety of composers and soloists.
- The agency has its own orchestra consisting of 12 musicians and five soloists.
- In the musical numbers soloists and chorus sang with gusto.
- During the 1920's, Stravinsky had often been heard as the soloist in his piano concerto.
- The grand finale saw choir soloists and we, the audience, singing Jerusalem.
- The vocal writing for both soloists and chorus is demanding almost to the point of impracticality.
- At this concert, there will be two soloists, each one performing a work very different from the other.
- To chorus, soloists, conductor and orchestra, thank you for an absolutely awesome rendition.
- We played a lot together, and he gave special care to the accompaniment of soloists, which is very rare.
- The most famous conductors and soloists in the concert halls around the world perform his compositions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.