In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(to problem)solución femininesolution to sth — solución a algo
- to think of/find a solution — pensar en/encontrar una solución
- Sally came up with a solution — a Sally se le ocurrió una solución
- the solution to all your problems — la solución a todos sus problemas
- it does not admit of solution, it is incapable of solutionuncountable — es insoluble
- On the matter of rising property assessments, we have made a proposal to the Province that we hope will be accepted as a solution to our situation only.
- Because if that political process does not move along on that timetable, the military solution cannot solve this problem.
- It is difficult to imagine what solutions are likely to come of such a brainstorming session.
- The long-term solution to solving these problems is to develop a societal norm based on a limited number of core values.
- That said there will never be a universal solution to the situation because you can't please all of the people all of the time.
- Arthur, however, does not see this as a reliable solution that will solve this problem.
- However, the government can only facilitate a solution, it cannot solve the problem.
- I must admit I don't have a good solution for this situation and it's frustrating.
- Any process aimed at supporting people through to a complete solution will be difficult to manage.
- The decision to divest the business has not been an easy one to make but it is the only solution to a difficult and unsustainable situation.
- So far it's proving difficult to find a solution.
- The promotion of the article page was simply a short-term solution to a difficult situation.
- The space shuttle is a complex solution to a very difficult problem, lifting a crew and a large cargo to Earth orbit.
- I wish the mayor and governor would actually stop pretending to be tough and look at the situation to devise a solution.
- For Jordan's benefit, let me point out that there are three possible solutions to the situation.
- Do Americans even want to follow such a leader down a rocky road to difficult solutions?
- Depending on space colonisation to improve the situation puts the solutions far away in the future.
- The Department of Education insists the school was always regarded as a temporary solution to an emergency situation.
- The problem will not vanish by itself; to continue to ignore it will make a future solution more difficult to achieve.
- The easiest solution to this situation is to address the issue right in the beginning during the initial audition.
2Chemistrysolución feminineto make a solution of sth — hacer una solución de algo
- the aspirin works faster if you take it in solution — la aspirina actúa más rápidamente si se la disuelve
- Simply mix the liquid solution with water and sprinkle over your already decaying organic material.
- One way to remove unwanted gases is to pass them through a solution of calcium oxide in the smokestack.
- Recently, the recombinant protein was shown to be a dimer both in solution and in crystals.
- Indeed, the B concentration in solution declined slightly from the time of the first to the second spray due to B uptake by the plants.
- This is made simply by adding baking soda to a solution of cocaine hydrochloride and heating the mixture.
- The crystals were then dissolved in solution and spin-cast on to a conductive glass substrate.
- Ion exchange is a reversible exchange of ions between a solid ion exchanger and a liquid solution.
- It was discovered that blood could be preserved in glass containers by mixing it with a solution of sodium citrate in water, a liquid very similar to lemonade.
- Since soap and detergents are salts, they separate into their component ions in a solution of water.
- Wine is not a single component substance, however, but is mainly a solution of alcohol and water.
- For example, oxytocin and vasopressin have about a thousand different conformations in solution, all in dynamic equilibrium one with another.
- In solution, the cations move towards the cathode and the anions move to the anode.
- It has long been recognized that lowering K concentrations in solution strongly increase Cs uptake by plants.
- The New York Times reported on one such technique in which foods are bathed in a liquid solution of water and protein.
- The sulfuric acid removes the alcohol from the air into a liquid solution.
- The enzyme in solution is a monomer as pointed out by dynamic-light-scattering studies.
- Note that we assumed all charged amino acid residues were exposed in solution, and did not interact with each other.
- The formation of these complexes can decrease the amount of bound by metal oxides, increasing the amount of available in solution.
- Most drug molecules are, like benzene-based pharmaceuticals, flexible in solution.
- At the time, we were looking at transition metal complexes in solution.
- In the digester, a big stainless steel container, a solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide is poured over the carcass.
- The procedure was stopped when the nitric acid in the solution was almost completely evaporated.
- The patterns are realized as the polymer is mechanically peeled away in one contiguous piece in solution.
- Unlike common air, fixed air turned lime water (a solution of calcium hydroxide) cloudy.
- Liquid bleach used in the laundry is an alkaline solution of hypochlorite ion.
- This second chamber contains an osmotically matched buffer and the test peptide in solution.
- Brine is a solution of sodium chloride and water that may or may not contain other salts.
- This seminar is vital to all scientists who need to characterize polymers or biopolymers in solution.
- Metals usually make positive ions when the compounds are dissolved in solution.
- In its dephosphorylated state BglG exists as a dimer in solution.
- Copper metal does not react with a solution of a zinc salt to produce copper ion and metallic zinc.
- Two micrograms of the lipid-peptide mixture was deposited on one plate from a stock solution of organic solvent.
- As we add more solid to a liquid the solution becomes more concentrated.
- Solvent-mediated interactions drive and stabilize biophysical assembly in solution.
- Currently, there is little information on how plants access molybdate from the soil solution and redistribute it within the plant.
- Typically the host molecules are dissolved in solution or, alternatively, are confined to a membrane plane.
- Then we examined whether or not the quaternary structure of arrestin tetramer in solution is identical to that in crystal.
- Use a concentrated solution of liquid dish soap and water to remove the oil and dirt buildup.
- Some escapes as carbon dioxide from water solutions and returns to the atmosphere.
- If the groundwater is heavily laden with minerals in solution, the process can happen rapidly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.