In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1disolvente masculinesolvente masculine
- And if you've planned for it, it will keep you solvent as well.
- A solvent insurer at one point can become insolvent soon for variety of reasons.
- However, while the Trust had to prove their take-over plans were workable, solvent clubs can be traded with no questions asked by the governing body.
- WorldCom, although still very much in operation, has been losing market share to its solvent rivals.
- Every Friday and Saturday, anyone who is solvent and ambient gets out and crawls.
- If Neill's mum is already a member of a good quality occupational scheme which has the backing of a stable and solvent employer that might be her best option.
- It would, of course, be a strange case in which the third party chose to pursue the insolvent insured rather than the solvent insurer.
- Worse, solvent customers are charging less and paying down debt.
- If one joint or joint and several debtor is insolvent, the loss resulting from his insolvency is spread equally among the solvent debtors.
- It simply decides that on the facts of that case the parent company in question had a legitimate interest in preserving and maximising the assets of its solvent subsidiary.
- However distasteful the theory may be, we have to admit that vicarious liability owes its explanation, if not its justification, to the search for a solvent defendant.
- These are envisaged so that consumers can be more confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with financially solvent companies.
- On the one hand, it is ultimately answerable to the ruling body of the Central Bank, whose overriding goal is to maintain a stable and solvent financial system.
- There is a conflict of interest between keeping banks solvent and healthy and protecting consumers.
- Therefore, credit spreads tend to zero for the short-term debt of a solvent firm.
- Put simply, the pensions compensation scheme is an insurance plan, funded by a levy on solvent pension schemes, designed to protect the pensions of workers whose employers go bust.
- The issue for the government to decide is whether the KCA is a solvent organisation.
- The main responsibility facing directors of solvent companies is to keep proper books and records and to file annual returns and accounts on time to the Companies Office every year.
- Indeed so long as the company is solvent the shareholders are in substance the company.
- Seriously, if the opposition could only open their eyes they would see a large and financially solvent constituency looking for a home.
- All solvent strippers are regarded as health hazards.
- Sometimes surfactants are mixed into solvent sealers so that the residue will mix with water for easier cleanup afterwards.
- Four different solvent media were considered: octane, tetrahydrofuran, acetonitrile, and water.
- The solvent action is terrific, even removing crud from three pistols I had just cleaned with my EEL - a real crunch test.
- Some examples of solvent chemicals are paint thinners, most penetrating sealers, D-Limonene, and alcohol.
- The tapes are available with solid adhesives or solvent acrylic and rubber adhesives.
- Apply (do not rub) a solvent type cleaner by blotting it onto stain with a clean, white terrycloth washcloth.
- A solvent cleaner is usually effective for removing lipstick.
- The lacquer thinner is used as a final wash (with solvent strippers) after you've finished stripping.
- Recent developments include the use of resin soaps and solvent gels, tailored to interact only with specific resin varnishes and leave oil formulations unaffected.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.