- As many as one in five new consultations in primary care are for somatic symptoms for which no specific cause can be found.
- Such patients' insistence that the physician pursue somatic symptoms until a medical diagnosis is obtained can be significantly frustrating.
- In the present study, we examined gender differences in somatic symptoms at a mind/body outpatient clinic.
- Future work may identify explicit factors mediating the links between somatic and psychological symptoms.
- Do patients with unexplained physical symptoms pressurise general practitioners for somatic treatment?