In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a vecesalgunas veces
- The solutions are sometimes not what we would like, but there is always a way ahead.
- He acknowledges that sometimes art simply holds up a mirror to the society it is born from.
- Do you think that sometimes the attitudes of a small town can fuel talent as well as suppress it?
- It can also sometimes be a bit difficult to attract the attention of the staff in the lounge bar.
- The game of football is a strange one, sometimes you don't play well and you still get a win.
- As he says, sometimes the only way to get value for your licence fee is to be an aberrant decoder.
- Getting up early is not my natural inclination but does pay off sometimes for the light.
- During filming I would sometimes beg the camera crew to tell us what was going on in a scene.
- Yet he could be so affected by his job that he was sometimes unable to speak before an execution.
- Men were sometimes summoned during the night and they took it in turns to work on Sundays.
- From the cradle to the grave it is a passion that is eternal, even if it is sometimes infernal.
- It can seem impossible to get a handle on this vast and sometimes unforgiving region.
- I sometimes still hear the shouts but on the whole the fans seem happy enough this year.
- Every job is a stressful period for a lot of people and there are still sometimes disputes.
- The way he acts sometimes, one wonders if he has had any experience of a real lady.
- It almost looks as though the slicer is using a scythe rather than a club sometimes.
- In the evening they are full but sometimes during the day there are slots to fill.
- I do eat a lot of Quorn and beans and spinach and eggs, but sometimes it is hard to eat a balanced diet.
- There must have been a side to him that sometimes got very down, but I never saw that.
- He has discovered that life in Bolton can sometimes be awkward as a wheelchair user.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.