In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But why pull the race card and act like somehow, someway this is a story about race.
- The wounded pride of a fifteen-year-old boy had to be salvaged someway.
- Somehow, someway, he kept hard charging until he found me and sent Claudia my address.
- The white tiger had been killed someway but she couldn't remember how.
- Somehow, someway, I have to find a way out and up into the sunlight again.
- Somehow someway he always makes me want to scream in frustration.
- Was it some twist on coincidence that we somehow, someway found each other?
- I stayed there looking at myself just thinking of nothing, trying to escape someway somehow.
- Somehow, someway, when the sent-out group of assassins reached the base, Mike was already inside.
- Otherwise, you end up playing them to get money together someway or other, in order to manage to play the finals.
- She loved to play with the dolphins, and usually escaped from Marina's wrath someway or another to visit them.
- But I could not give the impression that we were someway condoning it.
- Somehow, someway, it inadvertently slips to my mother that I have a boyfriend.
- Always, you can count on Clemens somehow, someway getting the job done.
- But somehow someway he would mess up and Jason would be there to take him down.
- Although he can't make complete sense of it, he is sure that someway Betty has Margaret's baby.
- Somehow, someway I'll crank out one of those previews, even though my heart won't be in it.
- If I could distract Jafar someway for a few moments, I could make a run for it.
- I did not want to anger him and I wanted to make it up to him, somehow, someway.
- He could tell by the look on her face that somehow, someway, she knew.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.