In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espectáculo de luz y sonido masculine
- Another planned musical event is a Music on the Moor son et lumière at Darwin Gardens and Ilkley Tarn.
- The Tour is spectacle over substance, a sporting son et lumière.
- Other events could include a son et lumière at Clifford's Tower.
- The 50th Ilkley Flower Show will also take place during the festival weeks, and organisers hope to include more events in the programme, including a possible son et lumière at Darwin Gardens and Ilkley Tarn.
- The trip will finish at the more recent site of Castle Toward, which will then become the venue for the son et lumière and fireworks finale at sunset.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.