In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Kvapil is a first-rank pianist with profound awareness of sonority and colour, yet also coherence and energy, and imbued with a heartfelt affinity for Czech music.
- Yet thanks to the engaging performance the exciting momentum and colourful sonority contributed to the impression that this version can indeed stand as a successful independent chamber work.
- The texture and sonority is indeed largely the point.
- Enescu's compatriot, Mihaela Martin, handles well the composer's demands for texture and sonority.
- Portugheis projected a rich sonority despite the fact that the keyboard was evidently bathed in sweat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.