In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine estudiante de segundo curso
- We were sophomores at Howard University doing a good deed on a winter's day.
- The first book I was told to teach to sophomores was Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
- Plenty of sophomores and even a few freshman showed up every year, but Samantha never really wanted to be one of them.
- There are about 100 freshmen and sophomores in the program right now.
- Juniors are more inclined to move off campus than sophomores, Griesse said.
- A group of sophomores I recognised from school entered the door.
- Only four freshmen and two sophomores auditioned, and they were quite unimpressive.
- The senior class (along with the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors) would split into random groups.
- Yes, this was an actual note that I had gotten when I was in my sophomore year at high school.
- The authors also intended the text to be used by underclassmen, that is, by freshmen or sophomores.
- Reserve Officer Training Corps at Berkeley was mandatory for all male freshmen and sophomores in those years.
- Two sophomores talked over lunch one day this spring semester about how food can bring people together.
- Connecticut has four freshmen and two sophomores playing key roles.
- So first semester of my sophomore year in high school was not the best time for me.
- She was starting her first day of school as a sophomore and was not very excited about it.
- Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?
- The freshmen and sophomores went to the short right hall, and the juniors and seniors went through the short left hall.
- A few more people filtered in, all freshmen and sophomores.
- We were both just sophomores in high school and neither of us had a job.
- There are 10,000 thirsty freshman and sophomores who'd pay you for this program.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.