In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine estudiante de segundo curso
- Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?
- There are 10,000 thirsty freshman and sophomores who'd pay you for this program.
- So first semester of my sophomore year in high school was not the best time for me.
- The authors also intended the text to be used by underclassmen, that is, by freshmen or sophomores.
- Reserve Officer Training Corps at Berkeley was mandatory for all male freshmen and sophomores in those years.
- The freshmen and sophomores went to the short right hall, and the juniors and seniors went through the short left hall.
- We were both just sophomores in high school and neither of us had a job.
- We were sophomores at Howard University doing a good deed on a winter's day.
- Only four freshmen and two sophomores auditioned, and they were quite unimpressive.
- A group of sophomores I recognised from school entered the door.
- The first book I was told to teach to sophomores was Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
- She was starting her first day of school as a sophomore and was not very excited about it.
- Plenty of sophomores and even a few freshman showed up every year, but Samantha never really wanted to be one of them.
- Connecticut has four freshmen and two sophomores playing key roles.
- There are about 100 freshmen and sophomores in the program right now.
- Juniors are more inclined to move off campus than sophomores, Griesse said.
- Two sophomores talked over lunch one day this spring semester about how food can bring people together.
- The senior class (along with the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors) would split into random groups.
- A few more people filtered in, all freshmen and sophomores.
- Yes, this was an actual note that I had gotten when I was in my sophomore year at high school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.