- Apart from these obvious attractions, I have always found it difficult to understand the appeal of this leisurely, some might say, soporific sport.
- His voice is hypnotic, soporific - the kind of voice that could mesmerise you into taking all your clothes off and biting into an onion.
- It was the air-con going off that disturbed my slumber once that soporific hum stopped.
- When treated with skill, though, it can be sensational, and small quantities added to a soporific bed of Merlot can turn a snooze into a dance.
- Regretfully, I know no soporific agent to make it all painless so that later on there is only a tiny scar on the skin that would remind one of the process.
- Police Beat has a dreamlike quality; the strange crimes, quiet voice-over and soporific music meld together into a fascinating - and often comic experience.
- Fort's colourful and amusing prose meanders through picturesque towns and sleepy villages where soporific suppers are served.
- The soporific sound of creaking pine is usually enjoyed naked, with a chilled bottle of beer in one hand and, for authenticity, a leafy birch whisk in the other.
- I shook my head and looked down at Shadow, now resting peacefully, the soporific noises of the waterfall lulling him to sleep.
- And, while coffee prompted psychosis and sleeplessness, cocktails were soporific.
- As regards the insomnia I've had lately, I can heartily recommend Somnus, a soporific combination of Lettuce extract and Valerian.
- Black Nielson overshadowed them, with drowsy, soporific vocals, and unexpected twists and turns within each song.
- Inactivity is soporific while exercise revives a sleepy brain.
- Or that certain rock records (hello, late seventies?) aren't among the most soporific music ever devised.
- Its concrete surface is the most soporific in the UK, and has been blamed for lulling drivers to sleep.
- Instead, I stood mesmerised by his soporific chanting.
- Fortunately, the orchestra was not so soporific.
- My nerves, still shredded from the bruising motorway journey North, gradually soothed as I lay back in the warm, soporific waters of the outdoor whirlpool, staring at the inky black night sky.
- If you've been to Fiji, you've probably been talked into a bowl of kava, a soporific drink made out of the crushed roots of a local shrub and traditionally drunk with coconut cups.
- We are sitting through a multitude of soporific briefings.