In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To be honest, I've never really met a ceremonial magician who has seemed really balanced and sorted because of doing this sort of work.
- My character is very grounded, sorted and confident in her sexuality.
- We are a mixed bunch, full of sorted women and financially-challenged men.
- I think students also see these people as confident, secure and sorted.
- But the important thing is that her children are amazingly sorted, considering their parents are not together.
2(well-balanced)con la cabeza bien puesta informalhe seems quite sorted — parece tener la cabeza bien puesta informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.