In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Alicia's soulful voice only adds a deeper intensity to each of the songs' lyrics.
- He had the same cute face and dirty blonde hair, the same deep, soulful brown eyes.
- They were a deep, soulful grey which made any beholder know she was sincerely listening to you.
- Fenix glanced at her, his soulful gaze locking with hers in that instant.
- Her voice was deep and soulful, urgent and serious, velvety.
- Everything seems so artificial, and not soulful and not passionate.
- He has a killer voice that's deep, powerful, soulful and just generally pretty outstanding.
- What struck him the most though were her gorgeous, expressive, soulful, pale blue eyes.
- So much time had already passed between them, so many moments, stolen glances and soulful looks.
- She looked Vincent in the eyes, her deep brown eyes soulful and serious.
- MacDonald has a beautiful voice and a soulful expression, and plays Grace perfectly.
- The Adagio of this quartet is typically soulful, emotionally wrenching music.
- Silent and soulful, Gerardo seeks emotional connection in liaisons with other men.
- Her voice has grown a bit deeper, but mostly it's been enriched with a soulful breathiness and grit.
- Its ears were long and brown and smooth, and its eyes were deep brown and soulful.
- Our lips meet in a deep soulful kiss filled with passion and longing.
- However, Byrne manages to suggest more than he actually shows, and his soulful expression conveys a good deal.
- He shook his head, pushing my hair out of my face so I was looking deep into his soulful eyes.
- His eyes sort of changed when he said it, the coldness was replaced with something deep and soulful.
- He locked gazes with me again and the level of emotions swimming in his soulful eyes actually made me gulp.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.