1sounding board, soundboard
- The soundboards are made of the finest wood and there is more hands-on work and design by the top craftspeople in the field.
- The piano's construction, with its longest strings and the majority of its soundboard in the lower register, makes bringing out soprano lines especially difficult.
- Frank once had me cut a piece of foam out and mount a Pignose amp on the harp of a Bosendorfer grand piano, pointing down to the soundboard in the piano.
- They began to construct the entire instrument out of wood, even the soundboards which were previously made with rawhide.
- Non-expanded polycarbonate struts under the soundboard provide the stiffness that is needed to withstand the tension from the strings.