In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sopa femininesoup of the day — sopa del día
- soup tureen — sopera
- I do a lot of the food preparation - I make him home-made soups and pasta dishes and stuff.
- For starters there are forty-two different kinds of mezes, cold dishes, soups and salads all for a modest £2.95 each.
- I had crispy chicken with thick noodle soup and mum had seafood with noodles.
- Meat and fish stock soups, grilled jumbo prawns, barbecued chicken, lamb drumsticks and pork spare-ribs are winter specials served on rooftops.
- The soups were equally good; the potato soup was thick and creamy and was served in a deep bowl with a generous helping of croutons.
- The menu features $4 to $6 appetizers, with soups and salads costing as little as $3 to $8.
- This substantial soup is almost like dhal in its consistency and flavour.
- Refreshments including soup, brown bread, tea or coffee will be served.
- Nick's soup was a rich brown colour and had a full-bodied mushroom flavour.
- White meat, which holds its shape and has a bright color and smooth texture, is wonderful for salads, clear soups and pasta dishes.
- Truffles, sauces, soups, meat dishes, desserts all are easy to learn and easy to cook.
- A diet of salad, soups, fish and pasta, with plenty of spring water, juices and herbal teas will leave them detoxed from the inside out.
- Repeat a few times before adding the cream mixture the hot soup.
- Their menu offers a host of wholesome dishes, delicious homemade soups, open sandwiches on fresh home-baked bread, ciabattas, wraps and tempting salads.
- Some families have pantries that are well-stocked and plentiful; refrigerators bursting with Tupperware containers of homemade sauces and soups and salads.
- Most sodium in a person's diet comes from eating processed and prepared foods, such as canned vegetables, soups, luncheon meats, frozen foods and commercial baked goods.
- It will add a brilliant colour, flavour and aroma to salads, soups, vegetables, grilled fish, roast chicken and, in particular, this dish of roasted double lamb chops with white bean purée.
- The use of fish sauce produces a lighter accent in simmered dishes and soups than the soy sauce of China.
- My mom makes wonderful lentil soup; it's full of protein and extremely healthy.
- What you don't use of the leaves can be dried and used in vegetable soups or making stocks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.