In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1crema agria femininenata agria feminine Spain
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yoghurt, or sprinkle with cheese.
- If you prefer a chunky soup, simply add cream cheese and sour cream to the pot once the asparagus is tender.
- Whip them up with butter, sour cream or cream cheese to spread on everything from toast to potatoes to steak to squash.
- Just one tablespoon of butter, sour cream or gravy can double the calories in a potato.
- For a double hit, serve them with a bowl of sour cream with some raw spring onions chopped and sprinkled on the top.
- Margarine, butter, mayonnaise and sour cream add fat to vegetables and fruits.
- In a bowl, mix together goat cheese curd, sugar, cream, sour cream and lemon zest.
- We defined high fat dairy food as whole milk, ice cream, hard cheese, butter, and sour cream.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and green onions.
- The meal was served with a large side salad and baked potatoes with sour cream.
- There is also a discreet dish of blinis, boiled potato slices and sour cream.
- Milk, butter, sour cream, and curd cheese were traditionally highly prized additions to the diet.
- Reindeer meat doesn't suffer if you cook it with cream or sour cream, either.
- Cut into squares and serve, topping with sour cream and cilantro to garnish.
- In a small bowl mix together the lovage, brioche, sauerkraut, creme fraiche, and sour cream.
- Place the chocolate, sour cream and muscovado sugar in a heavy saucepan over a very low heat.
- Lightly fold in the mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream and tomato purée into the sieved tomato pulp.
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana purée, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour, sour cream, egg and egg yolk and whisk to combine.
- To serve, garnish with a drizzle of sour cream or plain yogurt and chopped parsley or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.