In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine masa fermentada
- It involves two types of sourdough starter: konini, which is quite sweet, and sourdough, which is quite tangy.
- Also an organic farm, it produces cheddar cheese from its own chemical-tree milk, and makes sourdough bread from organically grown grain, leavened with natural sourdough.
- Bread dough is made with high-protein flour, leavened with yeast or sourdough, and kneaded with water to develop the gluten, yielding a characteristic spongy appearance and chewy texture.
- Injera is similar to a Greek pita or a tortilla made from sourdough and soda water which makes for a chewy pancake-like texture.
- They make their bread with sourdough because they have no baking powder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.