In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recuerdo masculinesouvenir masculinesouvenir of sth — recuerdo de algo masculine
- I kept the menu as a souvenir — guardé el menú de recuerdo
- However, sales of souvenirs, books and maps were up on 2002.
- We do not need or desire souvenirs from events that are repeatable.
- The tartan, whatever it is, will provide a souvenir when he departs Scotland in June.
- The centenary souvenirs will be on sale at home matches and have so far been selling well.
- Light music was played throughout the evening and key chain souvenirs were given out to the visitors on that day.
- Even if you don't own a bird, these splendid cages make for unusual and decorative souvenirs with a distinctively Chinese look.
- Afterwards they can take home their video recordings as souvenirs of their memorable performances.
- Sometimes we hear complaints that some souvenir shops sell mass produced souvenirs often made outside New Zealand.
- Across the street was a post office, so I took advantage and mailed my first batch of souvenirs home.
- The Denver station has a large waiting room, a store for souvenirs and a snack bar.
- I had packed up a box of gifts and souvenirs to ship home, so we went to the post office.
- And afterwards they gave him the ball as a souvenir and a producer took him to see the control room.
- Officers have been on hand at university events giving away cups, bottle openers and other souvenirs with logos reminding them how to keep safe.
- This shop now has a wonderful stock of gifts, souvenirs, music books, songbooks and instrument manuals.
- I'm currently awaiting a shipment of curios and other souvenirs for the gift shop.
- There will be special quiz shows and the winners will be awarded with souvenirs to remind them of their participation in the fiesta.
- The eggshells are used to produce souvenirs and lamps, which have had great popularity with the Austrian consumer.
- It is also hoped to have a few short races for tiny tots and all will receive special souvenirs of their first outing.
- Despite the fact that these books were written in Mandarin Chinese, patrons still took the books home as souvenirs.
- The company, selected through bids, should provide ready made food and drinks, souvenirs and ferry tickets at two points.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.