In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(equipment/device) que ocupa poco espacio(device/equipment) que economiza espacio
- They are basically space-saving lamps that are designed to throw a comparatively shadow-free circle of light upon the ground.
- An elegant and space-saving mini hi-fi system no longer consigns you to wafer-thin sounds.
- Benches are ideal as space-saving dining room seating.
- Currently, most medical records are kept in paper notes locked away in filing cabinets, so the use of CDs offers a huge space-saving advantage.
- With the family space more precious than ever, Beth began a decade-long design process that melds a simple, well-composed look with ingenious storage and space-saving ideas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.