In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nave espacial feminineastronave feminine
- Humans have long dreamed of building spaceships, all the while riding on one that provides everyone with billions of free air miles every day of their lives.
- Some of the earliest proposals in fact were that one could make spaceships that are propelled by atomic bombs and that the ship actually surfs on the blast wave of a nuclear bomb.
- NASA is interested in sensing contaminants because spaceships are tightly sealed.
- In other words, if we were to launch a spaceship from Earth and fly in as straight a line as possible, we could find ourselves returning home.
- This means that the spaceship orbits slower than it would if the Moon wasn't there.
- It will invest about $108 million in spaceships and ground infrastructure for the venture, it said.
- When I was a television journalist here in town, I did the news the night that one of the Apollo spaceships was circling the earth.
- Have any formerly unidentified flying objects been convincingly shown to be alien spaceships?
- Only instead of traveling in boats to cross the oceans and reach far away lands they use spaceships to reach far away planets and meet strange cultures.
- He wants a fleet of spaceships, capable of carrying at least five people each, to fly jet-setters into the edge of space.
- How do you spend your down time - in other words, what do you do when you're not getting spaceships out to other planets?
- The shuttle's three main engines continue burning to carry the spaceship into orbit.
- The winged spaceships are supposed to fly until 2012, however NASA is researching whether their retirement date can be pushed back to 2020.
- From the moment he learned about Sputnik, Gagarin secretly knew he would join the space programme and even began sketching his ideas for spaceships.
- Above our heads an enormous spaceship blasts off into a star-filled sky.
- I play videogames in order to do things that I could never do in real life, like flying spaceships, grappling with monsters, or skateboard standing up.
- Normally in bad sci-fi, even after crashing, spaceships work without a problem the second time they start them up.
- We do not just need bigger and better rockets and spaceships in order to set up space colonies on the Moon or Mars.
- During the show's first few years, minimal scientific research went into the spaceships and weapons that fascinated children.
- This means that nuclear spaceships could travel twice as fast as our current chemical spacecraft.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.