In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1spaghetti western masculine
- Cinemas were flooded with a wide variety of pulpy movies, including spaghetti westerns, police thrillers, and sex comedies, many of which were cheaply produced and churned out by less-than-talented individuals.
- Anime, spaghetti westerns and exploitation movies are all referenced.
- Like many of the spaghetti westerns, Compañeros is difficult to pigeonhole.
- This movie took the spaghetti western into a more serious territory.
- His spaghetti westerns are the defining films of the western genre.
- The title of the famous spaghetti western directed by Sergio Leonne would perhaps sum up how the police have been portrayed over the years in Malayalam movies.
- It is basically his homage to all the old school spaghetti westerns, samurai flicks and even Japanese animation films of the past, of which Tarantino is a huge fan.
- The film's soundtrack is similar, referencing Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns with three Ennio Morricone songs.
- The movie never quite figures out how to make the spaghetti western motif work.
- It was as if they'd walked directly into a spaghetti western; the piano stopped, the bartender ducked behind the bar and one could almost hear the six shooters sliding out of their holsters.
- Outside of Leone's spaghetti westerns this brutal film is the spaghetti western of choice!
- At the height of his powers, Leone co-scripted and directed two of the most emblematic of the spaghetti westerns.
- If the 1960s was the decade of the spaghetti western and the 1970s belonged to the bloated disaster movie, this decade has been conquered by the most unlikely of Hollywood genres: the documentary.
- He's been compared to the Clint Eastwood character in the spaghetti westerns, but he's much more expansive and endearing.
- The screenwriter/director openly acknowledges his debt to some of his favourite movie genres, including anime, spaghetti western, and kung-fu.
- Curiously, although he was a most notable producer of garlic gangsters he disapproved of Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns.
- Whether scoring spaghetti westerns or Italian shock, Morricone's trademark seems to be a sound of individualistic spirit, the loner with a distinct purpose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.