In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The concept of dawn as the end of transitory human life and beginning of the eternal life is traditional in Spanish-American writing.
- In 1886 he graduated from West Point, where he later returned as an instructor, and served in the Plains Indians and Spanish-American wars.
- It is suggestive that Anthony is not a common name in England, while Antonio is so in all Spanish or Spanish-American countries.
- The country's impoverished state and the loss of colonies following the Spanish-American Wars of Independence exacerbated the financial problems.
1hispanoamericano masculinehispanoamericana feminine
- She was Spanish-American, and had the most exotic beauty she had ever seen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.