- Fearing they would be blown into the island cliffs, the crew furled the main sail, then to lower the ship's profile further, Alexander ordered the main spar lowered.
- Every point is held together by the spar that sticks up in the center.
- Although these canoes are covered with birchbark, this skin, like that of a kayak, is stretched over a framework of ribs and spars.
- The spars - those are those huge, diagonal sticks hanging from the masts - are the frame for the sails.
- Feeling suddenly claustrophobic, he headed for the training yards, where he sparred half-heartedly with a few others.
- During those two sparring sessions, Parker clearly got the best of it.
- We witness combat between two males sparring over a mate, and the sight of these two massive animals hurtling themselves at each other is amazing.
- He spars with him at least three hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon.
- They're merely sparring, feeling each other out, which plays directly into Orson's hands.
- It was while using one of these places I first met a sparring bloke, who taught me how to spar, and showed me the way to put my dukes up.
- Mentally sparring with these leadership thinkers was like going a round with the intellectual heavyweight champion of the world.
- We trained, sparred, fought, ate, and laughed together ever since childhood.
- Truly, though, Shen liked to spar in the training room.
- Jason, you spar with Denise and I'll spar with Mark.
- We were sparring in the afternoon, just like we always do.
- He's introduced on stage, where amidst the dancers he stands at the end of a row, sparring with a punching bag.
- She looked up and saw many people in deep concentration, sparring with their partners, trading blows with great speed and accuracy.
- It's like the music in the movies where the hero is training for greatness; sparring in a basement with a punching bag or running like the wind or something.
- He wanders into a local gym, sees world welterweight champion Yuri in the ring, and offers to spar with him.
- Right now, we'll be practicing some martial arts sparring.
- She was not quite up to verbally sparring with Sam yet.
- It wasn't a distraction while sparring, but it was annoying.
- They begin a round of verbal sparring about their past together, Linklater's camera constantly swivelling to catch all the insults as they fly across the room.
- I sparred with Cassius Clay, as he was called then - I taught him everything he knew.
- Later that evening she stood before her father, prepared to spar in the training hall.
- We got chatting at the gym and would sometimes spar together.
- Usually he'd be here before him, practicing and sparring.
- They were sparring in his father's paddy fields.
- By the numbers - doctors, province spar over figures