1(of spear)punta de lanza feminine
- Shakily their spearheads faced the forest as gradually a low pounding noise grew.
- On both ends, two spearheads locked themselves into position.
- From the top, a long, razor-sharp, spearhead fired and clicked into place.
- Soon it was literally raining spearheads on the assassin.
- His body spun round in the air gracefully and he brought the spearhead round quickly.
- There are a few spearheads of non Anglo-Saxon type that cannot be dated to the Iron Age or Roman periods.
- We're going to penetrate the spearhead and take on the command center.
- It was a curious design, like a shortened, blunt spearhead hung upside down.
- Now, several dozen spearheads were poked into their faces and ready to skewer the two if need be.
2(leading troops)vanguardia feminine
- The current spearhead of musical extremism can be found in the metal scene..
- The Society became the spearhead of the Counter-Reformation, though originally intended as a missionary order.
- The spearhead of the force was a mixture of exiles and drafted French prisoners.
- Our society holds up invention as the spearhead of progress.
- They are soon to be attacked by a spearhead of warriors from enemy tribes and she is swimming for reinforcements.
- The spearhead of opposition was the Board of Transportation.
- Now this generation has seen the spearhead of reforms since 1998.
3(of attack, campaign etc)punta de lanza femininethe spearhead of the revolution — la punta de lanza de la revolución
- This move is spearheaded by Ms Wilson.
- He has done considerable work in spearheading the party's bid to get back into power after the next general election.
- She is not spearheading a literary revolution.
- The attorney general has spearheaded this effort.
- Dom Phillips meets the brash young star who is spearheading a whole new type of music
- Pam Traylor of the Clay Historical Committee is spearheading the movement.
- Mr Nzowa commended the private sector for spearheading the project.
- There are plenty of complaints in the UK spearheaded by the Electoral Reform Society.
- His firm was part of a team that was spearheading business networking in the Southern African Development Community region.
- The World Health Organization is spearheading a movement to include GI ratings on food labels.
- Labour MP Tony Wright, is spearheading a campaign to examine the structure and constitutional role of the monarchy.
- A sharp upturn in the housing market is spearheading the urban recovery.
- The idea was formulated and spearheaded by Mr Middleton.
- It spearheaded conferences about interface design and business-design case studies.
- He and five others are spearheading our research.
- In 1891, family and friends spearheaded a restoration campaign for Chasseriau's frescos.
- Helen Clark has spearheaded the anti-smoking movement since the 1980s.
- He was part of combat team that spearheaded the allied invasion of France.
- The group spearheaded a massive search effort for Peggy.
- In August, he spearheaded the Chinese national team in the Olympics.
2(take leading role in)encabezarser la punta de lanza de