In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1menta verde feminine
- Peppermint and spearmint are helpful when anxiety or insomnia are accompanied by indigestion or nausea.
- Its menthol ingredient promotes your skin's circulation while the spearmint and peppermint refresh and clean the surface.
- Peppermint is a hybrid between spearmint and water mint that was developed in the 1600s.
- For stomach trouble, drink a tea of the common nettle or of spearmint.
- Mints, usually spearmint, are used, fresh or dried, to make jams, jellies, and sauces, to accompany meat, fish, or vegetable dishes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.