In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Fuerzas Especiales feminine
- His special forces operatives were set and ready.
- The Lampreys landed without a hitch, and the Republican Navy special forces emerged from the craft.
- This is just the perfect situation to employ special forces soldiers.
- A U.S. official told CNN that in fact an operation has taken place tonight involving U.S. special forces and Army Rangers.
- I am very uncomfortable with reading elsewhere that military members in the special forces operate commonly out of uniform.
- We have extraordinary special forces.
- They were joined in January by a contingent of U.S. special forces who are officially here on a counterterrorism training mission.
- Officials say that United States special forces have conducted operations inside the country in the past few days.
- He spent five years in the army's special forces branch before being seconded to AIS for paramilitary operations.
- She had spent eight years in the army, wanting to go into special forces, but being restricted because she was a woman.
- Welshman David Jones is a former British special forces operative now working in a freelance capacity for a secret organization codenamed IGI.
- The missions take place in several different locations in today's world, with the players acting as members of military special forces units.
- The world is not black and white, and there are subtle implications in the big decisions that are made beyond the control of the special forces soldier.
- At 19, she's the youngest special forces unit in the US military.
- He advocates smaller, lighter and faster troop deployments with a relatively high proportion of special forces.
- Already 660 soldiers and 160 special forces are operating there.
- Alfa Group was the special forces unit of Russia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.