In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(specifically)especialmenteexpresamenteI bought it specially for you — lo compré especialmente / expresamente para ti
- He commissioned a massive mahogany bed to be specially carved and it isn't finished yet.
- The money is being raised through schemes specially floated for this purpose.
- You can buy hair products specially formulated to remove some chlorine buildup and restore body.
- We were the first to go behind the scenes into his specially designed Vegas dressing room.
- A good seamstress can design clothes specially for you.
- Apart from the specially commissioned coronation pictures, none of the 1689 woodcuts were new.
- Even the specially designed door hinges were made in an on-site forge.
- The layered dessert is pre-portioned in a specially designed paper board cup.
- Once it was comfortable, she asked him for the tanks, the gloves, and then the specially designed mask.
- Web templates are designed specially for easy and straight to the point customization to take place.
- By the twentieth century, using specially purchased fabrics appears to have become the norm.
- There is little to suggest that it was specially commissioned.
- This building is specially designed for corn storage.
- The Snore Stopper is a watch-like device that is specially designed to stop people from snoring.
- The grid was connected at the intersections by specially designed node clamps.
- Santee's specially designed steam spraying system is utilized before any trailer is loaded.
- Lord's work is illustrated with 450 specially commissioned full-colour images.
- The entire area, including the steam room and shower room, is tiled in specially commissioned mosaic.
- A specially commissioned work of art was given to the winning sponsor.
- Rei pulled out a pair of specially designed sunglasses.
2(for special purpose)especialmenteexpresamentemusic composed specially for the occasion — música compuesta especialmente / expresamente para la ocasión
3(especially)(difficult/long) particularmentewhy did you choose that one specially? — ¿por qué escogió ese precisamente / en particular?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.