In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1especie feminineprotected species — especie protegida
- an endangered species — una especie en vías de extinción
- Most species have no natural predators and so do not fear humans.
- This was supposed to be representative of the very best our species was capable of achieving?
- They have found the genes that somewhat resemble the genes of the bird species.
- Organisms of a particular species all have the same genes but have different alleles.
- As in Darwin's theory of natural selection, a species must adjust to survive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.