In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The spectrometer provides the measure of the gold carat.
- Using a spectrometer, the transmittance spectrum is measured in a number of small regions in a stained tissue slide.
- He read the labels on the atomic spectrometer's controls and displays before taking a look into the sample chamber.
- An X-ray spectrometer on board the rover performed 15 separate chemical analyses of the Martian soil, and identified large amounts of silicate minerals, suggesting that Mars had a similar geological history to the Earth.
- The next Europa mission, planned for launch sometime after 2009, is expected to carry high-resolution spectrometers to map the surface and determine the mineralogical and organic composition of the surface ice.
- Delta E is a scientific measure of color change calculated by using a color spectrometer which determines the amount of light refracted back to the instrument.
- Experimentally, we compared the quantitative distribution of each pigment based on our proposed method with one measured using a spectrometer.
- One of the early uses of this was the development of the spectrometer for identification of elements.
- We are collecting the water samples and analysing it with the atomic spectrometer.
- It is likely that both the absorption spectrum and the emission spectrum are changed at high intensities with respect to the low-intensity spectra of DsRed recorded by conventional spectrometers.
- Research quickened in the 1980s as better measuring techniques emerged, notably gas chromatograph-mass spectrometers.
- The instruments on the orbiter include several cameras and spectrometers that work at different wavelengths: infrared, ultraviolet, visible and microwave.
- Both spectrometers were interfaced to computers for data analysis.
- A spectrometer will measure the temperature of the atmosphere at various heights and pick out surface hot spots such as active volcanoes.
- It boasts ‘imaging infrared and ultraviolet spectrometers, a multi-color camera, a long-range telescopic camera, two particle spectrometers, a space-dust detector and a radio science experiment’.
- The energy reflected back can be analyzed by a spectrometer that researchers then interpret.
- The detector range of the array spectrometer is 200 to 875 nm, from ultraviolet into the near infrared.
- Working as miniature geologists, these robots will have miniature thermal emission spectrometers and an eye-height panoramic camera among their array of scientific instruments.
- The specimens were subjected to element analysis by an energy-dispersive spectrometer.
- The returning light would be detected by an imaging spectrometer to create a spectral image of the apple on a computer screen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.