In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For heroin, this included snorting, injecting, smoking, and the use of speedballs (heroin and cocaine combined).
- Brown and Weissman found that women injection drug users were more likely than men to report daily injection of heroin and speedball (heroin and cocaine).
- A small number of subjects reported speedball (heroin combined with cocaine) as their primary drug, though there were too few subjects to analyze reliably.
- They would have floored a lesser person not fuelled on vengeance, adrenaline and speedballs.
- Crack cocaine and alcohol were the most widely used substances, followed by heroin and speedball (a mix of heroin and cocaine).
- Sniffing cocaine was most frequently reported, followed by injecting speedballs, injecting cocaine alone, and sniffing speedballs.
- For example, a speedball (a mixture of cocaine and heroin) increases the risks from each drug involved, making it far more likely for the user to experience harmful side effects.
- The most common drug of choice was heroin, with a much smaller number reporting cocaine and speedball.
- First, I was spending time with people shooting speedballs - a mix of cocaine and heroin and they prepared their solution by melting it in spoons over their butane lighters.
- The illegal drugs most commonly used in our sample were cocaine, heroin, and speedball, a mixture of heroin and cocaine.
- Study participants were asked separate questions about their use of crack cocaine, powder cocaine, heroin, speedball, methadone, other opiates, amphetamine, marijuana, and a catch-all ‘other drugs’ category.
- Drug use frequency is measured as no use, marijuana use (so-called ‘light’ drug), and crack, cocaine, heroin, speedball and/or methamphetamines.
- Individuals who consumed more crack, cocaine, heroin, speedball, and/or methamphetamines were more likely to support the legalization of marijuana, cocaine, and heroin.
- Just yesterday I phoned a new vendor we're dealing with, and was initially pleased to hear he didn't seem to have shot up a speedball before midday for once.
- More recently Oscar winner and heroin enthusiast Bobby Driscoll was found dead in a New York tenement and River Phoenix collapsed after his last speedball outside a club in Los Angeles.
2(in boxing)punching(-ball) masculinepera feminine
- Rudolph is all about footwork and movement, a lot of moving around in the circle swiping at the air like a mental patient, a lot of slapping at speedballs and shadowboxing into mirrors.
- An old Scottish guy, possibly four times my age, keeps an eye on the boys training on speedballs.
- We also did some cardiovascular work in the gym primarily with speedballs a boxer might use.
- None of them had ever punched a speedball before, but they've taken to it like ducks to water.
- We have a brand new ring, punch bags, speedball - all top-notch equipment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.