In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1velocímetro masculineindicador de velocidad masculine
- The researchers also measured how often each driver checked his or her side and rear mirrors and the speedometer on the dashboard.
- It also has the standard speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauges.
- I clenched my fingers on the steering wheel, the speedometer swung towards 85 mph as I raced home.
- Ann took one look at the speedometer and almost choked.
- I took a glance at the speedometer: eighty miles per hour and still increasing.
- Is any allowance made for less than accurate speedometers?
- Once the speedometer shows that the vehicle has dropped 4 mph below the initial speed, the accelerator is pushed to bring the vehicle back up to the initial speed.
- It felt as if he was crawling although the speedometer showed seventy miles an hour.
- In the dashboard, the glass is broken, and the speedometer doesn't even have a needle.
- Mounting the vehicle, he found a note on the speedometer.
- One quick check of the speedometer told me I was driving slow again.
- The vehicles have digital speedometers, are petrol-driven and can travel up to 45 mph.
- On long journeys, a constant eye needs to be kept on the speedometer as it is too easy to exceed the speed limit.
- Joanna looked down at her speedometer and immediately took her foot off of the accelerator.
- A huge dashboard spreads out in front of you, with a speedometer and revcounter mounted in the middle, not in front of the driver.
- Cameras move attention away from hazards to speedometers.
- Although we may know where we want to go, without a speedometer and a speed limit it's hard to know if we could move faster or slow down.
- A quick glance at her speedometer told her she exceeded the speed limit by at least fifteen miles per hour, but she didn't care.
- They also point out speedometers in cars are not calibrated and can be up to 5% - 10% inaccurate.
- Cars with faulty speedometers and horns that don't work will fail the national car test under strict guidelines introduced this year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.