In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(film/speech) fascinanteas an orator he was absolutely spellbinding — como orador cautivaba al público
- A spellbinding orator and a man of great charisma, he was able to whip up crowds with his fervent speeches about the colonial exploitation of his country.
- He combines a compelling, spellbinding voice and inventive lyrics with the manners and stage presence of a born showman.
- Plainly put, this spellbinding picture is also a required addition to any well-rounded film library.
- Aronofsky directs this tale with spellbinding ingenuity, and a tight grip on reality, drawing strong performances all round.
- The most spellbinding moment of the trip came towards the end of the week.
- The music swells to a spellbinding apex, wringing every last ounce of emotion out of the song in the process.
- The tunes are creations of spellbinding joy and the lyrics poetic enough to turn men with steel hearts to jelly.
- Even if you do not agree with her interpretation of history, this is a spellbinding account.
- Full of poetic prose, this spellbinding story has a decidedly dark and human side, like so many fairy tales.
- McKinley expands the story of Sleeping Beauty in this spellbinding novel of adventure, love, humor, and magic.
- No one could accomplish the spellbinding feats Barry Sinclair does so nonchalantly during the course of his show.
- An essential stop on the independent travel circuit, Cappadocia is renowned for its spellbinding landscapes and inviting hospitality.
- So for more than a decade now, Harris fans have - every year or so - eagerly anticipated sinking their teeth into his latest spellbinding fictional tale.
- It was this very intimacy - this closeness to the performers - which made it a spellbinding evening.
- This is theatre at its most spellbinding.
- But there was still time for one last gasp dramatic twist to this spellbinding semi-final.
- Her exercises, done with spellbinding precision and timing are a joy to behold.
- The only sound to be heard in the room was George's spellbinding voice.
- This is Tyree's tenth novel and one of his most absorbing and spellbinding.
- The book tells a spellbinding story of a man with eccentricities that went well beyond a fascination with rocketry and included a penchant for the occult.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.