In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gastosI've had to cut back on my spending — he tenido que reducir mis gastos
- public spending has increased since last year — el gasto público ha aumentado desde el año pasado
- spending on sth
- spending on defense — los gastos de defensa
- they promise more spending on schools and hospitals — prometen invertir más en escuelas y hospitales
- before noun spending cut — recorte presupuestario
- spending limit — límite de gastos
- spending power — poder adquisitivo / de compra
- to go on a spending spree — salir a gastar dinero
- she went on a mad spending spree — salió a gastar como loca
- This has been achieved by increasing customer numbers and their average spend.
- The figures represent an average spend of £45.50 per head but the UK still lags behind several other countries.
- The average spend per child is continuing to rise year-on-year.
- Most of its advertising spend goes to local newspapers, much of it in Britain, and to local radio stations.
- The company carefully monitors the effectiveness of its advertising spend, and monitors the sites from which punters travel to place bets.
- Advertising spend all but dried up over July and August.
- The directories secure seven per cent of the advertising spend in Ireland.
- Health Boards around the country lowered their advertising spend by up to 50 per cent in recent months in order to trim costs.
- They will also downsize their operations and cut back on both capital and advertising spend.
- He said that companies should maintain advertising spends, even in a climate where it may be more difficult to justify them.
- By selling wine in such large quantities, the company boosts its average spend per customer.
- Microsoft group marketing manager Nick McGrath likens the spend to the amount used in launching a new car.
- The total spend on both the games and the advertising for the Third Place campaign is around €3 million.
- That is, the higher the spend on the advertising, the worse the movie is.
- The Government also spent less per person on health in 2001 than the average spend of 30 countries surveyed in the report.
- Moreover, the average spend by overseas visitors in the county is significantly less than in other regions.
- While some complain of London prices, the average spend is around £30, all in.
- In Lancaster county alone, the number of visitors is five million annually and the spends are estimated at $400 million, on average.
- Most major campaigns now factor in a spend of between 3 and 5 per cent of their budget on washroom advertising.
- This still amounts to an aggregate spend of several millions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.