In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espermatozoide masculineespermatozoo masculine
- Mutated DNA can only be passed to the next generation if it is present in a germ cell such as spermatozoa and ova, each of which contribute half of the DNA of the new organism.
- We rather think of the latter as a new form of life to whose nature both the ovum and the spermatozoon have made significant contributions.
- The seminal plasma of mammals is a complex fluid, which serves as a carrier for the spermatozoa in their journey from the male testes to their target, the female uterus.
- Is it wrong to employ existing techniques of sperm filtration, separating androgenic from gynogenic spermatozoa, and fertilising eggs with the desired type?
- The testes in your body are continuously producing hundreds of millions of reproductive cells called spermatozoa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.