In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But I do know most human games require a spheroid and a goal of some sort.
- In Nina's small attached greenhouse, bags of prairie seed await sowing: the small spheroids of prairie dropseed.
- This experimental system was chosen because the visible light-induced changes in oxygen concentration sensitized by various exogenous photodynamic agents in spheroids have been characterized previously.
- For instance, within spheroids, steep gradients exist for cellular oxygen levels, nutrients, pH and glucose concentrations, and this particular situation might affect the PDT outcome.
- Methods of measuring rapid, laser-induced photochemical oxygen consumption in spheroids have been described in detail elsewhere.
- There are two schools of thought on soup dumplings, which are basically thin-walled spheroids filled with pork and jellied broth that transform themselves into boiling-hot mouthfuls of juice.
- It was figured that by lowering the fluence rate the number of cells affected by PDT would increase, especially in the case of spheroids.
- Elliptical galaxies are three-dimensional objects that range from spheres to elongated spheroids like footballs.
- It should be noted that the estimate was made without taking into account possible oxygen depletion during the irradiation of groups of spheroids in the original cell survival experiments.
- Furthermore, the extent of photosensitizer distribution and penetration into the spheroids was examined.
- A remarkable feature of oligoamine-condensed DNA is the ability to assume condition-defined morphologies such as spheroids, toroids, and rods.
- In all cases, spheroids were irradiated with 635 nm light from an argon ion-pumped dye.
- Each data point represents the mean diameter of spheroids surviving a particular treatment.
- A chemical engineer phoned to tell me that he had spotted a spheroid or fat football with rounded ends flying over on the evening of August 28, 2002.
- Because three-dimensional multicellular spheroids have many characteristics in common with tumors in vivo, they are ideally suited to basic therapeutic studies in which the effects of numerous parameters are investigated.
- The fluorescence from the in vivo bleaching experiments thus reports a phenomenon that is not reported by measurements of the photochemical oxygen consumption in the spheroids.
- From a previous study it is known that the response of human glioma spheroids to PDT is somewhat dependent on the drug concentration used.
- It can be concluded that iodinated derivatives of hypericin do not show an increased cytotoxic effect upon irradiation in either monolayers or spheroids.
- We are currently in the process of extending the work reported here to related studies using multicell tumor spheroids.
- The central finding of this study is that the response of human glioma spheroids depends not only on the total fluence, but also on the rate at which the fluence is delivered.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.