In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(highly seasoned)muy condimentadocon muchas especiaspicante
- It is important to achieve a balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy flavours in this dish.
- It was like eating something extremely salty and somewhat spicy, but sweet at the same time.
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated, and avoid salty, spicy or acidic foods and drinks, which may irritate the sore.
- Few cuisines can be spicy, salty, sweet and sour all in one mouthful and this is what makes Thai food so good.
- This is a lovely wine, with ripe, spicy Mediterranean flavours, firm tannins and a kiss of oak.
- It comes from the Caribbean and Florida, and has a spicy, acid flavour.
- Try cutting down on strongly flavoured or spicy food that can make your breath smell.
- I opted for the seafood linguine, served with a red tomato sauce that had a nice spicy kick.
- What was that delicious smell, at once tangy and spicy and somehow very Italian?
- These spicy and saucy ribs will tickle your taste buds and keep you coming back for more.
- The fruits and vegetables were fresh and flavorful, and the meats were spicy and very tasty.
- There was also a somewhat spicy red sauce on the side, adding to the fresh, tangy flavours.
- Sometimes a spicy flavouring mixture is fried in the pan before the other ingredients are added.
- The Portuguese influence can be found in Mozambique cuisine in the use of spicy sauces.
- A little bowl of diablo sauce, a spicy and fresh tomato salsa, came on the side.
- To top it off, the skewers were presented on a plate with potatoes, sour cream, and a spicy tomato sauce.
- They come with a spicy tomato sauce, also cooked the night before and reheated on the day.
- Just the same, they are worth hunting out for their subtlety of flavour and spicy nuances.
- Everyone has his or her favorite hot sauce or special spicy dish, and truly, the heat can be addictive.
- This was braised cubes of lamb in a spicy coconut sauce with fragrant rice for €15.50.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.