In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Zoologyaraña femininespider / (British) spider's web — tela de araña feminine
- They feed on other insects and spiders, so they are not really that bad to have around.
- To survive the winter, they depend on food sources such as berries, spiders, and insects.
- She hesitated, but slowly walked out of the cell, afraid that rats or spiders would brush her feet.
- Some people may be terrified of spiders, dogs or insects.
- In fact, the typical residents of these boxes are other insects and spiders.
- It was possible that an insect or a spider had bitten her during that time.
- ‘There's a spider in the kitchen,’ Mum told Dad blandly.
- We record plants and invertebrates (including weeds, insects, spiders, slugs and snails) in and around the fields, before, during and after the crops are in the ground.
- This occurs in, among other animals, butterflies, spiders, birds, and small mammals.
- Four other people in the area have been poisoned by funnel web spiders since 1992.
- The book includes information about more than 100 insects, spiders, mites, slugs and earthworms found in the Prairies, and encourages people to live with them in harmony.
- They are predators on spiders, mites, millipedes, and other insects.
- The name is misleading, as this spider is native to the Waterloo region.
- In addition to honey, their diet included scorpions, spiders, insects, mice, lizards, frogs, snakes and fruit, she said.
- They are habitat to countless amphipods, insects, spiders and other organisms.
- Long legged spiders crawled up and down the walls, unafraid of the trespassers.
- This tiny spider is related to the more commonly known, and much larger, tarantulas of the southwestern United States.
- All kinds of small creepy crawlies are eaten including insects, spiders and centipedes.
- The full moon shone onto the filthy prison floor revealing spiders, insects, and rats.
- When they reduce pesticide use, they see a lot more beneficial predatory insects: spiders and parasitic wasps and flies.
- They usually target comments to old posts, so they won't show up to people reading the latest ones, though search engine spiders will spot them and index them.
- This way, your site map will be a valuable resource for anyone who accesses your site, and a useful tool for spiders to find everything that's within.
- The same thing applies to forms; spiders can't fill out forms and click ‘submit.’
- The spider captures summaries, which is all the engine searches, which gives you easy breadth, but not depth.
- The search engine spiders take those words and display the best sites that relate to that information.
(rest for a cue)diablo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.