In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1centolla femininecentollo masculine
- Another invader is the North Atlantic spider crab - males and females have been found in the waters near the Antarctic Peninsula.
- We particularly enjoyed the swim-throughs, an encounter with a large spider crab and a friendly moray.
- Under the ice, it looked pretty much as it might in the UK, with lots of kelp and spider crabs, but the visibility was stunning.
- Another sea creature which needs friends to survive is the small spider crab which finds camouflage in the canopy of living sponges.
- A spider crab picks its way carefully over a reef covered with sponges and invertebrates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.