In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1spidery handwriting — letra de trazos delgados e inseguros feminine
- In the back of the ballroom, spidery arms and legs twist and move to the music.
- His clear grey eyes followed the other's, his brown hair combed backward, a lock rustling against his spidery, climbing eyebrows.
- Written in a spidery script was Hargreave's communique.
- As soon as Angel had gotten comfy sitting on the side of her own mattress, with her long, spidery legs hanging over the sides, Dr. Spear spoke.
- Baxter talks about being offered a book signed by Greene ‘in his spidery hand’.
- Pockets of spidery white nigella are turning to seed while yellow blossoms of evening primrose tip their faces upwards in the late-morning sun.
- His hands were long and spidery, his limbs long and gangly.
- Both the water and the office are very, very cold, which is why the handwriting on this is so spidery: I'm shaking.
- The ivory paper was covered with Otua's spidery writing.
- For a moment Aidan only looked at it from across the room, not wanting to go near it, to see the words scrawled across it in his mother's spidery handwriting.
- Even the steel bridge looks spidery in the mist.
- Granted, half of the pink spidery lines were not by her own doing.
- The pages were dog-eared and yellow, now covered with a thin, spidery hand.
- She frowned and tried to bring to mind the family tree that had hung on the wall in her father's study, the generations of spidery black lines.
- It had notes on it in a spidery thin handwriting next to what must be Skade's writing, which was clear and firm.
- It's really just eight pages of spidery scrawl - both sides of course - which I will be sending out to everyone I have ever come into contact with.
- The writing on it was in a very spidery form of Arabic.
- He could see her fumbling around for her purse and muttering to herself furiously through the spidery, cracked windshield as he and the stranger rounded the car to survey the damage.
- Retaining and repairing the spidery timber structure and the brightly coloured panels, Keith preserved the spirit of the original with a light and delicate hand.
- I still have a little scar across my eyebrow from it, a spidery white line.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.