In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I learnt this as a junior spin doctor for a minor political party.
- She should be a political spin doctor instead of an academic historian.
- Previously, I've found him to be a fairly loathsome figure, the epitome of all that is rotten about the role of the spin doctor in modern politics.
- However it should improve its PR and employ a good spin doctor.
- We don't need a new spin doctor in Downing Street, we need a new Prime Minister in Downing Street.
- The best that can be said about the affair is that the hefty financial bill that the spin doctor now faces may engender caution among others launching libel actions.
- WE GOT an opportunity to pelt the former spin doctor Alastair Campbell with eggs on Tuesday of last week.
- The government spin doctor was in little doubt last Monday.
- And the Iran Contra crisis introduced a new weapon into the spin doctor's armoury.
- This is government by stealth, government by sham, government by spin doctor, and government by greed.
- So he has his own spin doctor, but that will not be much help to him.
- So we sold up, for £190,000, to a man who later reinvented himself as a Conservative spin doctor.
- Depending on your point of view, he's either the world's premier message medic or the original spin doctor.
- When at last Dewar made it into government, in 1997, he refused to have a spin doctor.
- If he differed at all from the hundreds of petty thieves and gun-toting sadists who populated the Wild West, it was in the sense that he was an accomplished spin doctor.
- Had the president had a spin doctor, now would have been his moment.
- I thought this guy was supposed to be a good spin doctor?
- The refusal by the prime minister and his top spin doctor to testify before the Foreign Affairs Committee has opened them up to renewed political attack.
- Even Behe now behaves more like a spin doctor than a scientist.
- But more importantly, unlike what their spin doctor told them, this will not be forgotten in 2 years' time.
contratado para dar a la prensa, TV, etc, una interpretación favorable de los hechos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.