1espina bífida feminine
- This is a very important charity which treats children with serious illnesses such as cancer, leukaemia, spina bifida and cystic fibrosis.
- Often called open spine, spina bifida affects the backbone and, sometimes, the spinal cord.
- Ultrasound can be used to diagnose certain congenital defects such as spina bifida.
- Exposure to amniotic fluid may damage the neural tissue in cases of spina bifida and cause subsequent paralysis and hydrocephalus.
- Children with spina bifida (open spine) sometimes have a form of clubfoot.