In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espina bífida feminine
- This is a very important charity which treats children with serious illnesses such as cancer, leukaemia, spina bifida and cystic fibrosis.
- Often called open spine, spina bifida affects the backbone and, sometimes, the spinal cord.
- Ultrasound can be used to diagnose certain congenital defects such as spina bifida.
- Exposure to amniotic fluid may damage the neural tissue in cases of spina bifida and cause subsequent paralysis and hydrocephalus.
- Children with spina bifida (open spine) sometimes have a form of clubfoot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.