In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Botany espinaca feminineCooking espinaca feminineCooking espinacas feminine
- Blend spinach and ricotta or cottage cheese in a blender or work together through a sieve.
- I also interspersed these with spinach, so all my spinach seedlings are planted out now too.
- Natural sources of betacarotene include carrots, spinach, apricots and mango.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the spinach for 30 seconds.
- We usually have spinach, yoghurt and a vegetable curry with it as well.
- Spoon a portion of sauce onto the plate and place the spinach next to the pork chop.
- Mix in the chopped spinach and spicy mushroom mix, then bind together with the egg white.
- Add the spinach leaves, simmer for 5 min, scatter with coriander and serve with rice.
- Her office window overlooks neat vegetable beds, planted with lettuce and spinach.
- Drain the spinach, toss in a little extra virgin olive oil and serve with the white bean fritters and lemon wedges.
- For the main course we chose pork tenderloin wrapped in spinach, parsley and garlic.
- Rinse the spinach, drain the beanshoots and add them to the dressing, along with the onions as and when they are ready.
- I almost always order a grilled sole served with green beans or spinach.
- The spinach has gone bright green and almost melted into the hot sauce.
- Wash the spinach leaves and steam in a covered pan with just the water on their leaves for 2 mins or until just wilted.
- Both dishes came with a mountain of fresh vegetables - spinach, carrots and green beans.
- Cut the cheese into pieces and tuck it among the spinach, then scatter over the gnocchi.
- Similarly, spinach and other leafy vegetables help to rid the liver of toxins.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl, lift the bacon from the pan with a draining spoon and add to the spinach.
- Although the spinach and carrots have some way to go, the peas are just coming good.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.