In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de la columna vertebralspinal anesthesia — anestesia epidural / pidural feminine
- he suffered a spinal injury — sufrió una lesión en la columna vertebral
- spinal nerve — nervio raquídeo / espinal
- spinal tap — punción lumbar
- I had been at a spinal injuries unit for rehabilitation for almost a year, and was being allowed home for weekend leave.
- We agree with Coats and Davies that we still do not know if this is a beneficial procedure even in patients with known or high suspicion of spinal injury.
- The immediate care and appropriate assessment of patients with spinal injury is a skill that is expected of all doctors.
- The anesthesia care provider places a lumbar spinal drain to control intracranial pressure.
- He had no spinal injury, and the results from magnetic resonance imaging were normal.
- He had particular interests in spinal and hip joint surgery and in hand surgery.
- The dorsal root ganglia associated with any one of the lumbar or upper sacral spinal nerves may be doubled.
- This arrangement has consequences for the effects of spinal injury at different vertebral levels.
- I tore my dura, which is the wrap around my spine which holds in spinal fluid.
- Those that have entered the water from a height may also have intra-abdominal, thoracic, and spinal injuries.
- No spinal injury or related neurological deficit was ever detected in this patient, either before or after death.
- They are attached to the cranial or spinal meninges and usually present as a single mass.
- On each side a series of spinal ganglia penetrate the intervertebral foramina.
- The posterior inferior cerebellar artery may provide the posterior spinal artery.
- Adequate anesthesia can be obtained with an epidural, spinal or pudendal block.
- I met Dave in 1992, when we were both inpatients at a spinal injuries unit.
- In the next part, the abundant spinal veins in the subarachnoid space are also retained.
- This topic also encompasses tumors that involve the spinal cord and spinal nerves.
- Sledging accidents in Britain cause a multitude of injuries, including spinal trauma.
- The mechanism of most spinal cord injuries is spinal fracture or dislocation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.