In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1columna vertebral feminineespina dorsal feminine
- ‘One of the vertebrae left a piece of bone near my spinal column and the doctors feared this would leave me paralysed,’ said Miss Tyne.
- They can also be given in the epidural space in the spinal column where nerves exit.
- This is a test where a needle is placed through the lower part of the back between the backbones and into the spinal column.
- Because of the large blood supply of the vertebral column, tumor cells lodging in the spinal column are unfortunately quite common.
- The spinal column consists of 33 vertebrae stacked upon each other, 26 of which are movable.
- That's allowed him and his team to follow the progress of cancer spread more closely and then see what happens in the bone, nerves and the spinal column which takes the pain messages up to the brain.
- Another of the positions is keeping the back straight and erect, with the vertebrae of the spinal column in a straight line.
- It had already metastasized to his spinal column and his bony pelvis, femurs, skull, and tibia.
- As you age, the cushioning disks between your vertebrae become dry, narrowing the spaces in your spinal column where the nerves come out.
- In a smaller side gallery hung two grimmer paintings of warped, schematically drawn human skulls, perched atop spinal columns, with jewel-like daisy designs in their eye sockets.
- In this condition, the spinal cord and the bones of the spinal column may fail to develop normally.
- This huge artery curves up and back from the left ventricle, then heads down in front of the spinal column into the abdomen.
- Epidural abscess of the spinal column is a rare condition that can be fatal if left untreated.
- Your spinal cord runs down through your vertebrae, and nerves pass through gaps in the spinal column.
- Each suprascapular is attached to the neural arches of the spinal column and to its antimere.
- Chiropractors mainly use a manipulative technique on the spinal column and pelvic area consisting of short, rapid forceful movements called high-velocity thrusts.
- These discs are cushions of cartilage acting as shock absorbers between the bodies of the vertebrae that comprise the spinal column.
- On the side of your spinal column there's little spiny bones sticking out, and they took them off.
- The spinal cord, which runs from the brain down through the bony spinal column, contains thread-like nerves that branch off to every part of the body.
- When rolling through your back, articulate each vertebra in the spinal column.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.